Recent Laptop experiences sought

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Sat Sep 14 13:52:25 EDT 2019

I have a Dell inspiron 13 5378. This is a 13" touchscreen with an SSD. and
dual core I7.

My wife has an Asus. She broke her screen the first day we bought it at
Microcenter, and it took a very long time for them to get the laptop
repaired. In contrast, I had a Lenovo when I worked for Red Hat, and I
broke the screen. Took less than a week for Lenovo to repair the screen.

I have had good luck with Lenovo and HP laptops.

On Sat, Sep 14, 2019 at 1:26 PM Curt Howland <Howland at priss.com> wrote:

> On 9/14/19, Mark Ellison <ellison at ieee.org> wrote:
> > Hi-
> >
> > As appropriate, please respond with your recent laptop experience...
>
> I use a Dell 6430 at work, and everything works with Debian. It's been
> a solid workhorse.
>
> My Mom is now using a 6430 since her machine flaked out and I knew
> this would work.
>
> For myself I got a 6530 15" with i7, and while it's excellent for some
> reason the screen brightness buttons don't work.
>
> Other than that, I've found the Dells run Linux flawlessly.
>
> Curt-

Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix
PGP key id: 6F6BB6E7
Key fingerprint: 0EDC 2FF5 53A6 8EED 84D1  3050 5715 B88D 6F6B B6E7