Boston Linux virtual Meeting Update Today Wednesday, April 15, 2020 from 6:30 pm to 9:00 pm - Low Cost Supercomputing with the Raspberry Pi 4

Jerry Feldman gaf.linux at gmail.com
Wed Apr 15 10:35:28 EDT 2020

When: April 15, 2020 7:00PM (6:30PM for Q&A)
Topic: Low Cost Supercomputing with the Raspberry Pi 4
Note: Because of the current COVID-19 issues Federico is unable to
access his Kubernetes clusters at Red Hat so we are changing the topic.
Moderator: Federico Lucifredi
Locations: Virtual at https://meet.jit.si/blu.org
We will be using JTSi, a fully open source conferencing system.
When you sign on please mute your microphone when the speaker is speaking..
Livestream should be active on YouTube by 7:00 pm, at
https://youtu.be/AD-uq6wkGtI

Detailed instructions (4 pages) for using Jitsi meet:
http://www.blu.org/meetings/2020/04/Jitsi-BLU-HOWTO.2020-04-15.pdf

Summary

Protoyping Supercomputing Code with the Raspberry Pi 4

Abstract:
We are resuming our meetings and trying our hand at a virtual format
this month. Federico has volunteered to begin this series with a review
of his latest cluster, a new design based on Raspberry PI 4 boards that
completely revamps the previous PI 3 design, and present his SCALE talk
on how to prototype supercomputing code in a less expensive environment.
We are going to cover the new hardware, the operational environment, and
and the coding platform while testing a new in-browser meeting format
for sharing slides, hardware inspection, asking questions, and recording
a YouYube stream. Please see above for appropriate URLs.

Bio
Federico Lucifredi is The Ceph Storage Product Management Director at
Red Hat, formerly the Ubuntu Server PM at Canonical, and the Linux
“Systems Management Czar” at SUSE.

For further information and directions please consult the BLU Web site
http://www.blu.org

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf.linux at gmail.com>
Boston Linux and Unix http://www.blu.org