SMART data & Self tests, not sure if my SSD is on it's last gasp

Bruce Labitt bdlabitt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:07:09 EST 2021

Checked the media, both are readable using the RPI4.  Seems like the power
supply is failing.  It's cycling on and off even with no media, dvd, or
drives.  I think this is a dead parrot.

Well, that was fun.  Uh, not really.

Guess I need to go computer shopping.  It was an i7, 32GB RAM, 17" screen.
It had a nvidia GPU so I could play with CUDA.  What's out there that's at
least as good performance wise and not a PIA to convert to linux.  It was a
Bonobo Extreme 6.  At the time it was pretty high end.  My BonX6 was a boat
anchor, but since it hardly moved, it wasn't a problem.  Of course, light
and performance is good too.  Any good laptops out there?  Been out of the
loop a while.