SMART data & Self tests, not sure if my SSD is on it's last gasp

Bruce Labitt bdlabitt at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 17:23:42 EST 2021

To put some bounds on this, I'm currently looking at an Oryx Pro.  I have
it tricked out to $2100.  i7-10875H, 32GB 3200MHz RAM, RTX2060 6GB, 1TB
NVME seq. RD 3500MB/s, seq WR 3300 MB/s, 15.6" display 1080p.  Seems to be
the best combination of stuff I can find for the price.  Can a standard
make laptop beat that and be relatively painless linux compatible?