dd cloning a Win10 HDD to SSD

Tom Buskey tom at buskey.name
Tue Mar 23 14:08:55 EDT 2021

FWIW, I've created VMs (VirtualBox or libvirt) of WinXP & Win7 to support
old software that doesn't work in newer versions.  I turned off all updates
on them.  If I need to add software to them, I make a copy first.

I'd save a copy of that image somewhere and try to make a VM out of it.  Of
course, it wouldn't have helped in your case.