meeting tomorrow night -- topic change!

Rob Lembree rob at savaJe.com
Tue Jul 27 15:05:01 EDT 2004

maddog's just emailed me with a talk that he'd be willing to present
tomorrow night.   Since this is a lot better than a non-show-and-tell,
I'm going to go with it.

This will be a dry-run of a talk that he'll be delivering at Linuxworld.

Title:  Software Livre!: What Free and Open Source Software means to
Brazil
Abstract: As citizens of the United States, we look upon the computer
marketplace
with a jaded eye.  We think "computers are everywhere", and "computers
are
really cheap", but even while these thoughts are not true in our own
country,
they are "more than true" in countries like Brazil.  This talk will be
about
the economics of emerging economies and some of the projects that Brazil
has going.

--
Rob Lembree
Advanced Technology Group