GNHLUG Nashua - Andy Bair on WebJob - Thr 16 Feb

Ben Scott dragonhawk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 14:12:00 EST 2006

NOTE: I'm sending this for Jim Kuzdrall <gnhlug at intrel.com>, who is
having problems with our list server.  When RSVP'ing, please reply to
him, not me or the list.  Thanks! -- Ben

Who  : Andy Bair
What : WebJob
Where: Martha's Exchange
Day  : Thur 16 Feb (*TOMORROW*)
Time : 6:00 PM for grub, 7:30 PM for presentation

 WebJob is a client-server system, where a tiny client requests and
downloads a program from a server, executes that program on the client,
then uploads the results to the server.

 WebJob provides a mechanism for running known good programs on
damaged orpotentially compromised systems. It is ideal for remote
diagnostics, incident response, and evidence collection.

 WebJob also provides a centralized management framework. It thereby
supports and automates a large number of common host-based tasks such
as: periodic system checks, file updates, integrity monitoring,
patch/package management, and so on.

 Andy plans to discuss the tool, its architecture, and one or more
demos.

 >>> RSVP to Jim Kuzdrall for dinner to assure adequate seating. <<<

Driving directions:

http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Www/PlaceMarthasExchange

Thanks,

Jim Kuzdrall