Reminder: DLSLUG Monthly Meeting - May 4th

Bill McGonigle bill at bfccomputing.com
Wed May 3 16:04:01 EDT 2006

[please RSVP if you haven't already]

            Dartmouth-Lake Sunapee Linux Users Group
                    http://www.dlslug.org/

The next regular monthly meeting of the DLSLUG will be held:
                  Thursday, May 4th, 7-9PM
at:         Dartmouth College, Carson Hall Room L01
                 All are welcome, free of charge.

                             Agenda

7:00  Sign-in, networking

7:15  Introductory remarks

7:20  Resara Enterprise Linux

       The guys from Resara Networks <http://www.resara.com/>
       will be presenting their product, Resara Enterprise Linux.

       "This presentation will be about adoption of desktop Linux in the
        enterprise, and how our product meets the challenges.  The issues
        we will be discussing are broadly applicable to any Linux
        distribution and organization that wishes to adopt desktop Linux.
        The key topics we will be addressing are:

             Installation/Migration
             Integration with legacy applications
             Network Management
             Useability
             OSS Alternatives

        Why should you go?  This is an opportunity to see and ask
        questions of how Linux on the desktop can be made practical
        for the corporate desktop.  You will get to see integration
        with Active Directory, Windows Terminal Services, advanced
        thin client technology, and other open source desktop
        management tools and applications.

        We will also be showcasing 3D accelerated graphics on a thin
        client (Unreal Tournament), which to our knowledge is an
        industry first!  The practical application of this technology
        would be 3D CAD in a thin client environment, but Unreal
        Tournament is much cooler.   Hope to see you there!

8:30  Roundtable Exchange - where the attendees can make
       announcements or ask a linux question of the group.

Please see the website for links to directions.

If any area companies are interested in sponsoring refreshments, please
let me know.

Please RSVP so we can give a theoretical refreshment sponsor a
headcount.
---------

MAILING LISTS

    There are two primary mailman lists set up for DLSLUG, an Announce
    list and a Discuss list.  Please sign up for the Announce list
    (moderated, low-volume) to stay apprised of the group's activities
    and the Discuss list (unmoderated) for group discussion.
    Links to the mailing lists are on the webpage.

Please pass this announcement along to anyone else who may be
interested.

-----
Blog: http://blog.bfccomputing.com/