[GNHLUG] CentraLUG, Feb 5th (TONIGHT!), NHTI: Matt Brodeur GnuPG and OpenPGP, keysigning.

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Mon Feb 5 08:24:15 EST 2007

The monthly meeting of CentraLUG, the Concord/Central NH GNHLUG
chapter, happens the first Monday of most months on the New Hampshire
Institute Campus starting at 7 PM. Next month's meeting is on
February 5th at 7 PM.

Directions and maps are available at http://www.centralug.org and on
the NHTI site at http://www.nhti.edu/welcome/directions.htm. This
month, we'll be meeting at our usual location in the Library/Learning
Center/Bookstore, room 146, marked as "I" on that map. The main
meeting starts at 7 PM, and we finish by 9 PM. Open to the public.
Free admission. Tell your friends.

At this month's meeting, Matt Brodeur will present an introduction to
e-mail and file security using Pretty Good Privacy (PGP)[1]. The talk
will cover basic concepts of encryption and digital signatures.
Examples and demos will use GNU Privacy Guard (GnuPG, [2]), a free
(GPL) implementation of the OpenPGP standard available for most
modern operating systems. Following the presentation, a PGP
keysigning event will be held. Anyone interested in exchanging key
signatures with other local PGP users can find details on our
website,... as soon as we've set it up. Stay tuned.

Matt Brodeur is a Quality Assurance Engineer at Red Hat in Westford,
MA and volunteer in local LUGs. He has previously presented OpenPGP
talks at the Boston Linux & Unix User Group.[3]

More details on the group and directions to the meeting can be found
at http://www.centralug.org and at http://www.gnhlug.org.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pretty_Good_Privacy
[2] http://www.gnupg.org
[3] http://www.blu.org