[GNHLUG] CentraLUG, Feb 5th, NHTI: Matt Brodeur GnuPG and OpenPGP, keysigning.

Matt Brodeur mbrodeur at NextTime.com
Sun Feb 4 23:15:48 EST 2007

On Thu, Jan 18, 2007 at 04:00:57PM -0500, Ted Roche wrote:

> Following the presentation, a PGP keysigning event will be
> held. Anyone interested in exchanging key signatures with other
> local PGP users can find details on our website,... as soon as we've
> set it up. Stay tuned.

Since I expect it to be a small group (and since I haven't yet set up
the formal keysigning scripts), I'll be moderating an informal
keysigning[1] after the presentation.

Anyone who's interested in exchanging key signatures is encouraged to
participate.  You'll need, minimally, your key ID, key fingerprint, and
at least one well recognized photo ID.  The verification process will
go faster if you can bring several copies of your key information to
pass around to other members.  For example I'll have my Red Hat
business cards pre-printed with my RH key, plus stickers on the back
with my personal key information.  I'll also have my passport and NH
driver's license for identification.

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, feel free to show up
anyway.  I'll be doing a (relatively) brief "Why and How"
presentation and some Q&A before starting the keysigning process.

[1] http://cryptnet.net/fdp/crypto/keysigning_party/en/keysigning_party.html#traditional

--
Matt Brodeur                                                     RHCE
MBrodeur at NextTime.com                         http://www.nexttime.com