[GNHLUG] PySIG in two weeks: Dabo

Bill Sconce sconce at in-spec-inc.com
Wed Jan 10 20:33:24 EST 2007

January's meeting of PySIG will be on Thursday, January 25th 2007.
Our usual and favorite venue, the Amoskeag Business Incubator, 33
South Commercial Street, Manchester.  We expect to be in an office
instead of the conference room, but all else remains the same:

  6:30 PM   Early birds -- newbie questions and questions answered
  7:00 PM   Meeting proper -- milk & cookies
  7:20 PM   Program: Dabo -- presented by Ted Roche

Dabo

Dabo is a framework and associated visual tools for developing
cross-platform (*Nix/Mac/Wintel), rich-client data-centric
applications in Python. It builds on powerful tools like wxWidgets
and ReportLab, and can work with a variety of databases including
SQLite, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, Firebird and MSSQL. Currently
at version 0.8, Dabo's core functionality is at a point worth
considering for deployment in production environments. More info
at www.dabodev.com.

Ted will present a novice's introduction to the Dabo environment,
build a simple app from scratch and show many of the resources
available for learning more.  Ted is a principal in Ted Roche &
Associates, LLC, based in Contoocook, a software development
consultancy with decades of experience in delivering data-centric
applications on Linux, Windows and Mac platforms.
http://www.tedroche.com