[GNHLUG] MerriLUG Nashua, Thur 18 January, Jarod Wilson Expounds MythTV

Jim Kuzdrall gnhlug at intrel.com
Thu Jan 11 06:33:03 EST 2007

Who  : Jarod Wilson, Red Hat, Author "Hacking MythTV (ExtremeTech)"
What : MythTV review, tips, questions answered, books autographed.
Where: Martha's Exchange
Day  : Thur 18 January **Next Week**
Time : 6:00 PM for grub, 7:30 PM for discussion

:: Overview

    First and foremost, MythTV is a digital video recorder (DVR), not
unlike TiVo -- both even run on top of Linux.

    But if you're not too keen on the idea of a monthly fee, dislike
encumbered access to content you've legitimately recorded, or want the
freedom to tinker with and expand the capabilities of your DVR without
limitation, a TiVo may not be for you.  For most Linux users, chances
are, Microsoft's Windows XP Media Center Edition (or anything that runs
on Windows) isn't the ticket either.

    Ever heard of someone exporting video from their DVR to a video iPod
with only two button presses on a remote?

    How about watching high definition television recordings without
having to lift a finger to skip commercials?

    Want to have multiple televisions in your house all able to watch
the same pool of recorded content?

    Want to watch that same content on the deck, streamed wirelessly to
your laptop?

    MythTV can do all that and more.  Come find out how!

 >>> RSVP to Jim Kuzdrall for dinner to assure adequate seating. <<<
 !!! If you are a "Regular Attendee", let me know and I will put
you on said list.  Then, just let me know if you are NOT coming. !!!

Driving directions:
http://wiki.gnhlug.org/twiki2/bin/view/Www/PlaceMarthasExchange

Thanks,

Jim Kuzdrall