[GNHLUG] Fwd: UVCIA Meeting - January 17

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Fri Jan 12 10:56:14 EST 2007

From: UVCIA <reservations at uvcia.org>
Date: January 10, 2007 4:56:59 PM EST
Subject: UVCIA Meeting - January 17

Wednesday January 17, 2007
Fireside Inn & Suites, West Lebanon, NH (I89, exit 20)

Breakfast 7:30am, Meeting 8:00 - 9:00am, both in the Ballroom
$20 per person (includes breakfast)

Cash or check ("UVCIA") at the door. No credit cards.
Prior Registration Requested by e-mail Reservations at uvcia.org
or by calling Brett Bourne at (802) 295-4415  x3103

Agenda7:30 Registration, networking, and breakfast

7:50 Introductory Remarks - Brett Bourne, President UVCIA

8:00 "Jump Start Your Business in 2007: Five Proven Marketing
Strategies"

8:25 "Moving Towards Carbon Neutrality in Business"

8:50 The Magic Minute (New York version) where attendees get to
introduce themselves and state what products, services, or skills
they offer or, are seeking.

> Jump Start Your Business in 2007: Five Proven Marketing Strategies
>

> Author and small business consultant, Jane Applegate, will share
> five cost-effective and creative marketing strategies to build
> sales and boost profits. Learn how to:
> Revamp your marketing materials
> Boost web traffic
> Form a strategic marketing alliance
> Become your own best spokesperson
> Integrate marketing, advertising and public relations
> Applegate is the author of four popular books on small business
> success, including "201 Great Ideas for Your Small Business," and
> "The Entrepreneur's Desk Reference," published by Bloomberg Press.
> She is a former syndicated columnist for the Los Angeles Times and
> has produced business programs for CNN, CNBC and Bloomberg TV.
> Applegate, who lives in Sharon, Vermont, provides strategic
> marketing consulting for entrepreneurial companies as well as
> corporations including Merrill Lynch, New York Life Insurance,
> Assurant Employee Benefits and Al Roker Entertainment.
> www.theapplegategroup.com
>

> Moving Towards Carbon Neutrality in Business
>
> Learn how to calculate your carbon footprint, then learn
> implementation strategies for conservation or converting to
> renewables. What state and federal incentives are available. Can I
> utilize green tags?
>
> Ames Byrd has been on the Norwich Energy Committee since it's
> inception in '02. So far their focus has been on getting energy
> audits done at the school and town buildings and implementing
> renewables strategies when possible utilizing any public
> incentives. He would love to share what he has learned to help
> those in the local business community who are interested in
> lowering their own carbon footprint.

Details
Meeting: Wednesday, January 17, 2007
Time: 7:30am - 9:00am
Location: The Fireside Inn for directions check out  http://
www.afiresideinn.com
Cost: $20 which includes breakfast
Check or Cash accepted at the door (no credit cards please - checks
can be made out to UVCIA)

Reservations can be made by calling Brett at 802-295-4415, x3103 or e-
mail Reservations at uvcia.org

UVCIA | PO Box 237 | c/o SSBS | South Strafford | VT | 05070