[GNHLUG] Ruby SIG, 22 October, Software Process & Cucumber

Ted Roche tedroche at tedroche.com
Thu Oct 15 15:19:11 EDT 2009

Reposting Nick Plante's announcement to the Ruby group:

As mentioned on the email list, our October meeting will be held on the
22nd this month due to some scheduling conflicts. Join us at RMC
Research <http://nhruby.org/about> at 7PM to hear our friend Dan Pickett
<http://www.enlightsolutions.com/> of Enlight Solutions present his talk
"From Wetware to Code -- How's Your Process?"

    "We spend so much time focusing on conventional programming.
    Everyone focuses on standards, code clarity, testing, and what gems
    to use. Let's chat about what's done before your fingers hit the
    keys. Let's talk about brainstorming, requirements, stakeholders,
    mock-ups, and writing solid user stories and acceptance tests with
    Cucumber. Every project has a story -- how will your next one end?"

I can certainly say that Cucumber <http://cukes.info> has changed the
way that I approach software development, personally. This is sure to be
a good talk, and something you don't have to be a hardcore Ruby fanatic
to get a lot out of either --- the techniques and tools Dan will be
talking about are useful to anyone doing software development on the
web. Cucumber, for example, works great for Java, .NET, Flex or web
applications written in any language. So tell your friends and
coworkers, and we hope to see you on Thursday!

http://www.enlightsolutions.com
http://www.cukes.info
http://nhruby.org

--