Rack Mount Servers

Kenneth E. Lussier kenny at digitalrebel.org
Sun Aug 11 00:22:43 EDT 2002

Hi Ed,

I have been extremely happy with two vendors: Penguin Computing and HP.
They both have their strengths. Penguin is less expensive. The HP
LP2000r (2U) and LP1000r (1U) are very flexible, reliable, and well
supported. However, the drives are *VERY* expensive (a 73.4GB 10K Ultra3
Wd SCSI3 is $2,623). Penguin only ships RH, whereas HP will do RH,
Debian, or Caldera. I have 2 LP2000r's, 2 LP1000r's, and 2 Penguin
systems, and I haven't had a problem with any of them.

Hope this helps.

C-Ya,
Kenny