Rack Mount Servers

Ben Boulanger ben at blackavar.com
Mon Aug 12 11:03:13 EDT 2002

On Mon, 12 Aug 2002 pll at lanminds.com wrote:
> No, but at MCL all our servers were PCs running Linux, and we had
> serial consoles on every one of them.  We could easily reboot and get
> the lilo prompt, boot single user, etc.  Worked just fine.  Oh, and
> the terminal server even supported ssh :)

What happened when the machine was powered off?  Could you still talk to
the hardware and make it power itself back on?  We ended up going with a
Western Telematics Network Power Switch - which work fine, assuming you
can get the bios on the box to 'always turn on after AC reset'.  Just
wondering how you solved that problem.

Ben

--

When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with
one, and a lily with the other.