What is /proc/misc?

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Wed Aug 14 16:23:15 EDT 2002

In a message dated: Wed, 14 Aug 2002 16:03:23 EDT
"Hewitt Tech" said:

>Check this out:
>
>http://www.linux.it/kerneldocs/misc/misc.html

Interesting... This article mentions a kernel config parameter:

	Support for user misc device modules (CONFIG_UMISC)

which I can't seem to find in my stock 2.4.18 source.  There is a misc/
sub-dir in the kernel source, but I can't seem to find the option
when I do a 'make menuconfig'.

Can someone else with a 2.4.18 kernel tree see of this option is in
there somewhere?  I'm going to continue looking at my source, and
re-extract the tar-ball and see if I somehow optimized this option
away during all my re-configurations :)
--

Seeya,
Paul