uname output ?

Paul Iadonisi pri.nhlug at iadonisi.to
Mon Aug 19 02:22:44 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-08-19 at 02:13, John Abreau wrote:
> Paul Iadonisi <pri.nhlug at iadonisi.to> writes:
>
> >   I wouldn't worry about it.  I would summarily ignore the 'uname -o'
> > functionality (if it can even be called that).  Someone just pointed out
> > 'lsb_release -d' to me.  Using 'lsb_release -a' or 'lsb_release -as' you
> > can get all the distribution specific information you'll probably ever
> > need.
>
> I'm running Redhat 7.3, and that command doesn't exist on my machine.
> What package is it in?

  The package is redhat-lsb for which there is a recent errata.  It's at
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/7.3/en/os/i386/redhat-lsb-1.2.0-1.i386.rpm.

Don't know about other distributions yet.  Only Red Hat, Suse, and
Mandrake are LSB certified so far.  I'm sure there will be more to come.

--
-Paul Iadonisi
 Senior System Administrator