Zope learning

Erik Price erikprice at mac.com
Fri Aug 23 13:01:31 EDT 2002

On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 12:01  PM, Cole Tuininga wrote:

> I'm interested in learning about Zope.  There appears to be no shortage
> of Zope related books and web sites.  8)  My question is this:  does
> anybody recommend a particular starting point that they had a good
> experience with?  I'm looking for something that will step me through
> initially setting it up, general stuff about how to use it, etc.

Sounds like you intend to be administrating a Zope application server,
so you will probably still need a good book or resource on the subject
(I haven't read any, sorry).  However at www.freezope.org , you can try
out a "free" Zope account, just to see what the interface is like and
whether or not it's what you want.

I've heard a lot of really good things about Zope (namely that it is
designed to be incredibly modular due to its careful object oriented
design), let us know what you think of it.

Erik

--
Erik Price

email: erikprice at mac.com