Speaking of wireless

Ken Ambrose kena at well.com
Tue Aug 27 19:38:44 EDT 2002

IMHO, stay the hell away from Prism chipsets (eg. the Linksys cards).
You have to play all sorts of games with re-compiling:
- your kernel
- PCMCIA stuff from Sourceforge
- linux-wlan drivers

None of this may necessary if you have a stock kernel -- they try to have
stock binaries at the linux-wlan site.  Andy maybe someone's had an easier
time of it than me.  But I've tried, twice, to get the darn drivers
working.  The first time, after ages, I got it going, under RH 7.1.  I
also finally got it working under 7.3... but now none of my /other/
PCMCIA/Cardbus network cards work.  It's really, really, really annoying.

$.02,

-Ken

P.S.  The Linux "drivers" from the Linksys site are simply the linux-wlan
drivers.  Check it out at http://www.linksys.com/download/driver.asp?dlid=59&osid=7 ,
near the bottom.