Snarfing up a domain name

Roger H. Goun roger at bcah.com
Tue Dec 10 09:59:25 EST 2002

I'm looking for advice on domain name registration. I've periodically
checked the WHOIS data for a domain name I've been coveting for some
time. The name is currently registered to another party, but the
registration is set to expire in a few days.

A few questions for the combined wisdom of the list:

Assuming the current holder of the domain name fails to reregister it
in the next few days, what's the surest way to snarf it up for myself?

Do I wait until the expiration date to do this, the day after that, or
is it already too late?

What are the potential pitfalls, and how might they be minimized or
avoided?

Will I burn in Hell for this, or is it (IYHO) entirely ethical?

Thanks!

-- Roger

--
Roger H. Goun                  Brentwood Country Animal Hospital, P.C.
Chief Kennel Officer           Exeter, New Hampshire, USA