scp to directory w/o execute permissions

Charles Farinella farinella at mcttelecom.com
Thu Dec 12 13:30:35 EST 2002

On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Michael O'Donnell wrote:

> >> Very slick!!  This looks like it's going to do just what we need, thanks.
> >
> ><bows>
>
> Not to spoil Derek's moment of glory, but I'm curious -
> did you check out that authorized_keys trick?  I haven't
> had a chance to fool with it but the example I saw while
> RTFM was intriguing, so I wonder if you evaluated it
> and found it lacking, or just made a command decision...

To be truthful, Dereks program just looked easier to implement.  Setting
up the authorized_keys thing just looked like it was going to take longer,
so I took the path of least resistance and just installed Dereks tool.
Since now my WebDAV is broken (I forgot to tell anyone about that), I may
end up going back and revisiting the whole thing anyway.  I'll let you
know what worked, when it's all working.

--charlie

Charlie Farinella, Appropriate Solutions, Inc.
cfarinella at AppropriateSolutions.com
603-924-6079