DSL Provider of Choice

numberwhun at attbi.com numberwhun at attbi.com
Tue Dec 24 10:34:28 EST 2002

I just wanted to add to what was said by saying that not all DSL providers are
Linux friendly, as we all wish they were.  I did a 3 year stint in Louisiana and
had Bellsouth as my DSL provider ( at the time, they had the best prices ).
They were not at all Linux friendly.  In fact, the technician would not have
been able to give me the equipment if he knew it was going to be used on Linux
as they seemed to have a strict "against Linux" policy in place.
I had talked with a tech support person one day, since the connection was down
and ended up being at the junction box outside, and he was heavily into Linux.
He told me that Bellsouth was against Linux and did not at all support it.
It is so good to hear that there are companies that support Linux as the users
OS of choice.  Hopefully others will follow in the footsteps of companies like
Speakeasy.

Regards,

Jeff Kirkland