DSL Provider of Choice

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Tue Dec 24 10:41:40 EST 2002

> I just wanted to add to what was said by saying that not all DSL providers
> are Linux friendly

I wonder just how legal this is.. I know some places are like that.
There's a lot of stuff that spreads around that isn't true. I'm sure Ben
B. can correct me on this if I'm wrong but for the longest time people
were saying M1 wasn't linux friendly but it was just that the techs arn't
trained on it and it's not that it wasn't allowed it just wasn't
supported. I know of MANY installs where   if you tell the tech to just
hook up the cable modem (or in this case the DSL modem) and leave the
computer part alone they would gladly do it.. but if you have problems
with it then you're shit out of luck.. Also, I know that if you buy your
own cable modem rather then renting one and call up with a problem that
was clearly not your modem a lot of tech support people would blame the
modem just to get you off the phone.