making vars in bash script accessible from shell

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Fri Nov 8 12:26:42 EST 2002

In a message dated: Fri, 08 Nov 2002 12:02:05 EST
"Price, Erik" said:

>I'm thinking about trying Mozilla's mail client -- anyone have any
>experience with it?  Any good?  (I'm not sure if I can get it to
>access the Exchains mail server... I'll have to research it.)

My wife switched to Opera on Windows a long while ago and hasn't
looked back since.  Unfortunately, though, if you're on an Exchange
server, the only way to use anything other than Outlook is if they've
enabled POP3 access on the Exchange server. (don't even *think*
about IMAP!  Exchange's IMAP server is horrendously and hopelessly broken).

OTOH, if they do enable POP3 access for you, you can now use
fetchmail under Linux/UNIX, and any real mail client your heart
desires :)
--

Seeya,
Paul