making vars in bash script accessible from shell

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Mon Nov 11 10:58:01 EST 2002

>>I found out that they're supporting POP3 for the moment but that
>>this is expected to go away.  They mentioned a protocol called
>>MAPI will be introduced.
> MAPI is Microsoft's proprietary mail protocol IIRC.  I believe it
> stands for Messaging Application Programming Interface;

    I've also read that the handwriting is on the wall for MAPI too -- it'll
be disappearing and OutLook XP already uses a new proprietary mail protocol by
default.  Double-check this as I'm not a Microsoft expert, but I recall
reading that a while ago.

--
  Regards, | The free software Apache web server powers ~55% of all
  .        | Internet domains.  Similarly, the GNU/Linux operating system