MS-Exchange interoperability (was: making vars in bash script...)

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Mon Nov 11 13:21:26 EST 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, at 11:57am, pll at lanminds.com wrote:
>>> And if they offer IMAP on the Exchange server, stay away from that too!
>>
>>  Care to expand upon this?
>
> See the fetchmail FAQ wrt IMAP and Exchange servers.

  Said FAQ says only that "Exchange 2000's POP3 support is so broken that
it's unusable".  I presume ESR means "with Fetchmail", as Exchange's POP3
certainly works fine with other mail clients.  Said FAQ also says that "IMAP
is alleged to work OK".

  Do you have any actual basis for your claims, Paul, or are you just
spreading FUD?  :-)  Exchange is *far* from a perfect product, but making
stuff up isn't helpful to anyone.

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>