running Linux at work with Windows apps

tbuskey at attbi.com tbuskey at attbi.com
Mon Nov 11 15:40:51 EST 2002

I forgot about Win4Lin.  It also works very well.  I used version 2 which they
gave to registered VMware users for free.

Win4Lin uses less resources, is easier to network (no iptables NAT needed), and
integrates directly with your file system.

VMware uses raw or virtual disks.  Win4Lin puts files right into $HOME/win4lin
so you have easy access to the files right from Linux.  Vi your .ini files?  No
problem.