Linux, Bridging, and Multicast

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Wed Nov 13 13:14:12 EST 2002

Hi all,

I'm asking this question on behalf of someone else.

They have a system with 2 NICs.  Both NICs have the same multi-cast
address (224.X.Y.Z).  They want to bridge these NICs together such
that packets coming in one NIC get passed out the other and vice
versa.

Has anyone mucked with IP multicast under Linux before who could
point me references on how to accomplish this?

Thanks,

--

Seeya,
Paul