Humor: The Evolution of a Programmer

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Wed Nov 13 20:57:46 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, at 12:36pm, pll at lanminds.com wrote:
> The thing I really like about perl is it's ease of use on the command
> line.  I can easily do things like:
>
> 	perl -de 'print;'

  Why so verbose?

	perl -de ''

  ;-)

> This is one of the things that's nice about perl, there are
> interfaces to Tk, gtk, etc. that have all been ported.
> I haven't used them, but I know they exist.

  In many ways, Python has learned from Perl (both what to do, and what not
to do (although which thing falls into which category often depends on the
beholder <g>)).  Like Perl, Python has an easy-to-use extension mechanism
built into it.  Python interfaces to Tk, Gtk, various databases, etc., are
all available.  Or so I'm told -- I base all this on the moral equivalent of
marketing brochures.  ;-)

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>