Spam blocking (was Re: MySQL query [sic])

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Thu Nov 14 09:36:15 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002, at 9:27am, roger at bcah.com wrote:
> The biggest problem with a rule-based filter like SpamBouncer, of course,
> is the large number of false positives.

  That is my big concern.  The biggest thing keeping me from implementing
serious anti-spam on my inbox at work is the risk of false positives.  I get
email from customers, often from weird addresses, and I cannot risk ignoring
a potentially important email just because a customer can't spell.  :)

  Does anyone here have opinions on anti-spam solutions, when it is more
important to minimize false positives than to catch all spam?

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>