RH update

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Sat Nov 16 18:58:06 EST 2002

I put a winky face :-P

I was just messin' anyway, I really want to try 8.0

And I run windows for the following reasons:

My USB CF/SM reader only kinda works in linux (the CF side works, the SM
side doesn't.. It's been a known bug for over a year yet nobody has
fixed it.. I would, but I'm not a programmer)

My scanner doesn't work (Snapscan 1212u, yes, it should, but it doesn't)

I -NEED- Office for my wife to use for school crap

I use the windows movie editor to do stuff with my MiniDV camera and
there's nothing out there for linux that does it as nicely.. Of course I
wish it would output the stuff in mpeg.

But with that being said I have a linux (Gentoo) box that I tinker with
to learn things, a RH7.3 box that's the scootz.net/guster.net server, my
windows box does dual boot into RH7.3 and I have a Powerbook that was a
dual boot OS9/YellowDog Linux box until OSX came out (now it's OSX 10.2)