PDF vs. .doc [was Re: Boston Linux Conference December 3-4 ]

Michael Costolo mcostolo at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 08:53:18 EST 2002

--- pll at lanminds.com wrote:
> You can do this easily enough on UNIX with ghostscript package which
> included wrappers for ps2pdf, pdf2ps, etc..  Or, if you
> use TeX for your base formatting language (LaTeX, LyX, etc.) you can
> easily convert from [La]TeX to ps/pdf.
>
> So, with UNIX, you still don't need to by the distiller :)

For those of us who have Windows running at work, these utilities are, I believe,
available for Windows as well (alongside the ghostscript/ghostview programs).  The
Windows version of [La]TeX (MikTeX) has direct ps/pdf output as well.

-Mike-

=====
"The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it"
-George Bernard Shaw