kernel building question

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Tue Nov 26 09:37:49 EST 2002

Hi all,

In my quest for total revision control of everything I do with my
environment, I commited the entire 2.4.19 kernel tree to my
repository.  During that process, I realized there are several
sub-hierarchies under the arch/ directory I'll almost certainly never
compile a kernel for such as everything other than i386.

My question.  Can I just 'rm -rf' the sub-dirs I don't need so that
the only sub-dir of arch is 'i286' and still compile a useful kernel?

Thanks,

Btw:	useful command tidbit, try:
		ls -m

	sometime.  I don't know how many times I've come up with a
	sed/awk/perl script to do exactly this :)

--

Seeya,
Paul