No more AOL CDs

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Fri Oct 18 14:16:17 EDT 2002

> That being said, why not start a GNHLUG AOL CD collection, and help
> these guys out?

    Not me.  I appreciate the humor aspect of this, but for me, I *like* AOL
shipping out stuff like that.

    I mean, when I go into my floppy drawer I'm still batting about 50% odds
that the old floppies I use will be an AOL floppy.  And this summer AOL sent
me this cool metal tin that I use in the cellar to keep small finishing nails
in.  And Earthlink sends those nice hard plastic CD protectors that work fine
for reuse once you take this slip-in ad out and remove the address label.

    I think a better tactic would be to lobby AOL to start shipping their crap
out on CD-RWs...

--
  Regards, | There's no such thing as "Intellectual 'Property'".  All ideas
  .        | are owned by the public and are in the public domain.  The