[gnhlug-announce] Unix Course?

Michael Bovee mbovee at zoo.uvm.edu
Mon Oct 21 14:04:12 EDT 2002

On Monday, October 14, 2002, at 03:37  PM, Michael Bovee wrote:
>> The next SLUG meeting is Monday 10/14/2002 at 7pm in Morse Hall room
>> 301.
>> The Topic is: Basic Operation of Unix
>> We'll be starting on to present a Unix Course that will run for a few
>> months.
>
> This sounds like a great idea.  Will anyone be able and willing to put
> condensed summaries of these meetings online, for those of us who live
> too far away to regularly attend the meetings? Such summaries wouldn't
> need to be exhaustive, but could still give novice users like me a
> stable foundation from which to learn and experiment and to ask
> further questions via the list.  I know there are some good Unix/Linux
> books out there, I own a couple, but it sure is nice to here basic
> information described in a conversational way by the experts on this
> list.

Hmm. Not sure what to make of the lack of response to my query (maybe
I'm a pariah because I'm a MacOS user?  ;0) , but I hope it didn't come
off sounding like I felt some 'entitlement' to this information.
Actually, I figured that those who present info at meetings probably
already have it as a slide presentation or text outline or something,
and I was hoping that information already put together for presentation
might be made available on the gnhlug website, or something like that.

--Michael