[gnhlug-announce] Unix Course

Michael Bovee mbovee at zoo.uvm.edu
Mon Oct 14 15:37:08 EDT 2002

> The next SLUG meeting is Monday 10/14/2002 at 7pm in Morse Hall room
> 301.
> The Topic is: Basic Operation of Unix
> We'll be starting on to present a Unix Course that will run for a few
> months.

This sounds like a great idea.  Will anyone be able and willing to put
condensed summaries of these meetings online, for those of us who live
too far away to regularly attend the meetings? Such summaries wouldn't
need to be exhaustive, but could still give novice users like me a
stable foundation from which to learn and experiment and to ask further
questions via the list.  I know there are some good Unix/Linux books
out there, I own a couple, but it sure is nice to here basic
information described in a conversational way by the experts on this
list.

Regards,
--Michael