cheap video card desired

Ben Boulanger ben at blackavar.com
Tue Oct 22 00:10:25 EDT 2002

On Mon, 2002-10-21 at 19:52, Erik Price wrote:
> 32(24)-bit, does 1152 x 864 at 19 inches) would be great.  Since I'm a
> bonehead when it comes to PC hardware -- a casualty of growing up in a
> house of Apples -- can anyone provide a recommendation?  And if you
> know of a store that sells them used, cheap, that'd be helpful too.

Hi Erik,
	Pricewatch is generally where I go.  You can find decent deals...
honestly, even fairly high end PC video cards are going for ~$100, so a
nice card one model back should be considerably lower.  Maybe a Nvidia
GeForce 2 MX200 (which -is- a bit of a gamer card, but also has very
high quality 2d) or a radeon (whateveritwas) would do the trick.
Personally, I like Nvidia as they put out a linux driver directly from
their site.

http://www.pricewatch.com
Click on 'Video Cards' under multimedia and the little screen below will
pop up with the lowest current price on the particular card.  If you
have any questions about a card in particular, just drop another line.

GeForce 2 MX400 64M Ram, currently going for $36:
http://www.pricewatch.com/1/37/3685-1.htm
(I hope that link still works)

Ben