LyX, LaTeX, PS, PDF

bscott at ntisys.com bscott at ntisys.com
Sun Oct 27 15:27:31 EST 2002

On Sun, 27 Oct 2002, at 1:39am, mwl+gnhlug at alumni.unh.edu wrote:
> I've always found the LyX interface somewhat clumsy.

  It is, no question about it.  However, it (so far) lets me write text docs
very quickly and easily, while generating nice printed output, and without
needing to learn anything.  ;-)

>> However, there was now a new problem: Every sequence of the characters
>> "fi" in my document had been replaced a symbol that looked like a cross
>> between cursive "f" and "l" symbols.  (Huh?!?!)
>>
>> I went back and dropped the "-Ppdf" from the "dvips" command, and that
>> seems to have fixed the above, um, behavior, while still keeping the PDF
>> file looking good.
>
> Huh.  That's bizzare.  What does your config.pdf file look like
> (/usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/config.pdf on my system)?

  Removing comments and blanklines, it says this:

m 6000000
D 8000
p +bsr.map
p +bsr-interpolated.map
p +hoekwater.map
R 300 600
h tex.pro
h alt-rule.pro

  I really don't care, it's just such a *weird* problem that I'm kinda
curious as to how it could happen at all.  :-)

--
Ben Scott <bscott at ntisys.com>