LyX, LaTeX, PS, PDF

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Sun Oct 27 15:41:13 EST 2002

It's not a problem. It is called an "fi" ligature and it is what TeX is
supposed to do by default. It is supposed to make reading a document
easier. What surprises me is that it went away when you ran dvips
without -Ppdf. I don't generally use dvips. Nor do I use LyX.

Since I discovered PDFlib, I haven't been using TeX much, either.