FW: A Postscript Laser Printer for under $200: HP LaserJet 1200SE

Mark Komarinski mkomarinski at wayga.org
Tue Apr 8 11:40:34 EDT 2003

On Tue, Apr 08, 2003 at 10:42:58AM -0400, Tom Buskey wrote:

> About 2 years ago I bought a brother 1470N printer.  PCL, Postscript,
> parallel, USB, (I think localtalk for mac users) and ethernet.
>
> Web based admin,  SNMP, novell, lpd, ipp (cups!), port 9100, appletalk, ftp
>
> For $500.  The postscript is emulated & I had a few issues with it.
> Running through ghostscript works great!
>
> The non network version is around $200.  I'm not sure if it has
> postscript.  I've been very happy with it.

This is the 1440 you're thinking of.  I've been pondering getting one
after my HP 4L ran into an unrecoverable paper jam.  But this deal
is too good to pass up.  I'll probably get one tonight.

BTW, anyone want a somewhat-functional HP 4L?  I tried taking it
apart to find out what the problem was, couldn't find anything,
and put it back together without any spare/missing screws.

-Mark