Protecting from Code Red with Apache Proxy?

Greg Rundlett Greg.Rundlett at buzgate.org
Mon Apr 14 15:36:44 EDT 2003

Ben Boulanger wrote:

> 	I've been reading around and it looks like a reverse proxy -will-
> protect against these kinds of attacks.  Can anyone confirm or deny this?
> Numerous sites have said it's a good way, but I thought I'd ask the
> experts.

I read a little bit about this issue at the website for Wodan which is
an Apache module for doing reverse proxying just released on freshmeat.
  http://www.wodan.net/

It seems to make sense from what I read.  Indeed, I recall that they
said one of the scenarios for using wodan would be to protect an IIS server.

Greg