SNMP Traps

Ben Boulanger ben at blackavar.com
Wed Apr 16 14:44:18 EDT 2003

Hello,
	I'm trying to ensure that my snmptrapd is working correctly.  I've
been able to verify that the packet is getting to the location correctly
(tcpdump) and that the command I'm using is sending the trap:

	snmptrap -v 1 172.21.151.11 public i 5 "test" 0 1

But I can't seem to find the magic to make snmptrapd log the actual
message.  There's no snmptrapd.conf file, but I can't seem to find
anything saying that I -need- it to operate, since snmptrapd starts up
just fine and logs raw packets when I add the -d flag to the command line.
I just can't seem to figure out what it is I'm doing wrong here.

Any clues?
Ben

--

A closed mind is like a closed book; just a block of wood