Emacs auto-modes and tabs

pll at lanminds.com pll at lanminds.com
Wed Apr 16 16:12:45 EDT 2003

In a message dated: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 15:38:00 EDT
bscott at ntisys.com said:

>Is there some way to globally tell Emacs to leave my freaking
>[Tab] key alone, while leaving everything else working the way it is?

Hmmm, I have no idea.  I've never wanted to actually override the
contextual definition of the [TAB] key.  I rather like having it line
everything up in perl/shell/C mode, etc.

I wouldn't mind learning a new trick though, since now that I've
stated publicly that I've never needed this, I'll need it tomorrow :)

I'll bet you a beer though, the Kevin Clark is the first person with
the correct answer ;)
--

Seeya,
Paul