Does anyone have a socket 7 motherboard they don't want

Michael O'Donnell mod+gnhlug at std.com
Wed Apr 16 21:57:53 EDT 2003

> I'm looking for a cheap or free socket 7 motherboard supporting
> 100MHz bus with a times 4.5 clock multiplier (K6-2 450MHz),
> preferably with onboard video.  (I can't seem to find them for sale
> new anymore.)  My daughter has a machine with motherboard rot,
> and I'd like to reuse the cpu, memory, etc.  So if you have one
> that you were going to scrap, you might net a few dollars that
> you weren't expecting.

Here's hoping you find more immediate gratification, but
if not you might consider Ebay (the Microsoft of online
auctions?) where it looks like they currently have several
hundred listings with many in the $10 range:

 http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?cgiurl=http%3A%2F%2Fcgi.ebay.com%2Fws%2F&krd=1&from=R8&MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&ht=1&SortProperty=MetaEndSort&query=socket+7