I HATE SPAM (was Re: Mouse swapping on a laptop)

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Sun Aug 3 08:52:58 EDT 2003

On Sunday, Aug 3rd 2003 at 08:45 -0400, quoth Steven W. Orr:

=>If I could, I'd like to make a humble suggestion:
=>
=>A while ago I switched from Majordomo to Majordomo2. The two systems are
=>not even vaguely related. MJ2 is a total rewrite and includes as part of
=>its functionality a web interface as well as archiving also with a web
=>interface. To leave it at that would be to enormously understate its
=>functionality. Also, IMNSHO, mj2 totally blows the doors off of Mailman.
=>
=>By making the archive only open to subscribers, we completely eliminate
=>any address harvesting.

Sorry, one more note. If you'd like to actually see mj2 in action, feel
free to subscribe to my man-bytes-dog list at http://steveo.syslang.net/

The web interface puts you in full contact with all of the documentation.
Not all commands are available via web but they are all available through
commands to majordomo.

Give it a shot and I can certainly help to do the switchover if you want
to do it.

--
-Time flies like the wind. Fruit flies like a banana. Stranger things have -
-happened but none stranger than this. Does your driver's license say Organ
steveo at syslang.net