term program?

Jason Stephenson jason at sigio.com
Thu Aug 7 22:16:35 EDT 2003

Tom Buskey wrote:
> I've always liked kermit (ckermit).  It runs on *everything*.  More
> systems then zip/unzip and almost as many as "Hello, world!".

Yep. I used Kermit quite extensively back in the day when I was dialing
into various UNIX and mainframe hosts with a 2400bps modem on my Mac
laptop.

Kermit totally rocks. You can adjust everything about your connection.
It saved me lots of time on numerous occasions by adjusting the download
window size when I got a bad line.

Its scriptability was a very handy feature, too. I could script sessions
and automate downloads of data from one server to my UNIX account and
then start the download to my computer, all while I sleep.

I forget where you get the source code. Is it still at columbia.edu?

As for portability, I think ckermit runs on more hardware than NetBSD.