Mozilla.org - An Open Source possibility?

Randy Edwards redwards at golgotha.net
Fri Dec 5 17:55:14 EST 2003

> I've always seen that FOSS sites assume you already know what the product
> is and can do.  FAQs usually never contain the question "WTF is this", which
> one would assume is a FAQ.

    Here, here!  I wish I had a dollar for every time I picked up a clue
about a "gee whiz neato" toy from a mailing list or web site, only to look
up the toy and then wonder, "Okay, what does it do and should I spend time
learning about it?"

    Fortunately, as free software matures, I get the sense that there's more
of a trend of explaining things for newbies. (Thankfully!:-)

--
  Regards, | "Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket
  .        | fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who