embarrassing question

Travis Roy travis at scootz.net
Fri Dec 19 21:21:54 EST 2003

>>> believe it or not, my friend Dick Morrell of Smoothwall fame pointed
>>> me to
>>> this fantastic site that maintains rpms for end-of-lifed RH distros
>>> (like
>>> 6.2) so I've upgraded most of my apps...
>>
>>   Could you provide the name and address of the site?  :)
>
> Here it is...
>
> http://dag.wieers.com/home-made/apt/

Ahh, apt repository.. very nice

>>> so.. the question now... will a break everything if I now try to run
>>> all
>>> those apps on the new 2.6 kernel?

Since it uses apt, if you apt-get dist-upgrade you should be all set
and good to go. Things should "just work" I'm not telling you 100% that
it will, but it -should- :)

Since installing RH9 and switching to apt (with freshrpm's apt
database) I've had great luck with it. I love apt.

(after looking at what they have, I didn't see a kernel, so I think
you're on your own)