Happy Holidays & NPL

Jeff Smith jsmith at alum.mit.edu
Wed Dec 31 13:54:12 EST 2003

I'm actually alive in Alabama (and participating
sometimes in MALU - the Montgomery Area Linux Users
Group) when I'm not busy at school.  Thought I'd wish
everyone a happy new year.

Also, so Rob's post about library stuff, I thought I
could chime in with some resource (open source library
management tools).  Warning - I haven't really used
these, but I know they are being used elsewhere (and
credit where due, one of them maddog talked about from
his South America trip, I don't remember which, but it
got me started looking back then).  The first is a
link to a group that appears to track open source
resources for library management:
http://www.oss4lib.org/

one project I did look at briefly (actually, I had a
professional librarian friend of mine look shortly
after the maddog talk to see if we should implement
it), that at the time was not up to speed, but may be
now:
http://www.koha.org/

Other links I quickly found:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/jlibsystem/
http://nalanda.sourceforge.net/doc/index.html
http://sourceforge.net/projects/libman/

Finally, one for managing a library of digital
material:
http://www.sadl.uleth.ca/nz/cgi-bin/library?a=p&p=gsdl

jeff